Motorcycle accidents can cause serious injuries. If you were hurt in one, reach out to our firm today to speak with our Panama City motorcycle accident attorney.
How do motorcycle accidents occur in Florida?
There are a number of different ways that motorcycle accidents can occur. In some cases, can be caused by result inclement weather conditions, poorly maintained roads, or faulty mechanical parts. However, the majority of motorcycle accidents are a direct result of driver negligence. Some of the most typical kinds of driver negligence include:
- Ignoring blind spots
- Driving while sleepy or fatigued
- Unsafely changing lanes
- Disregarding traffic lights, signs, or all other rules and regulations of the road
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Are motorcyclists covered under PIP?
Keep in mind that personal injury protection (PIP) does not extend to motorcyclists in the state of Florida. This suggests, that unlike with car accidents, your policy will generally not cover medical bills and lost wages after an accident. Thus, if you are not protected, you will likely be held responsible for your own medical expenses, except if you have your own health insurance or are able to collect financial compensation from the person that is liable for your accident.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you will need to obtain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney as soon as you can.
How can I recover compensation after a motorcycle accident?
If you would like to pursue legal action after your motorcycle injury, you will need to satisfy the burden of proof. This means that you will need to supply as much evidence as possible in order to strengthen your claim. Try to take the following steps instantly after your accident, if you can:
- Call 911. The police will be able to send an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, and more.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene of the accident. In some instances, motorcyclists can wear bodycams so that they have the footage in the event that an accident occurs.
- Seek medical attention and ensure that your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents pointing to the severity and origin of your injuries.
- Hire the services of one of our experienced Panama City auto accident attorneys that can help you acquire more evidence that can be a key element to your claim.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.