If you are injured due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, in order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to prove that this negligence occurred. But, this is not always easy. Some accidents are much more complex than others. If this is the case, you may need the help of an expert. Read on to learn more about car accident reconstruction and how it can help your case.
What is Car Accident Reconstruction?
Car accident reconstruction involves an expert examining the details of the accident in order to determine the events that lead up to the accident and how it occurred. There are various methods used to do so, including:
- Visiting the scene of the accident
- Inspecting the damage done to all vehicles
- Reviewing any medical records of injured parties
- Studying the police report
- Examining pictures/videos of the accident/scene
- Interviewing witnesses
- Studying debris, point of impact, skid marks, etc
Who Needs Accident Reconstruction?
It is important to know that not every accident requires reconstruction. But, there are some cases that may warrant it. This includes those who are facing the following circumstances:
- They do not remember how the accident happened
- There are few or no witnesses
- The vehicles are totaled and cannot be repaired
- It is complicated to prove liability
- Victims suffered severe injuries or died
- Pieces of important evidence are missing
How Can Car Accident Reconstruction Help My Case?
Through car accident reconstruction, an expert can study the case and rebuild the scene in order to uncover a variety of details about the accident and how it happened. This can include the following:
- The vehicle speeds and movements
- The crash scene physics
- The accident sequence of events
- The vehicle positions
- The magnitude of impact
- If those involved were wearing seat belts
- If visibility was an issue and why
- If vehicle lights were used
- Steering angles
- If brakes were used leading up to the crash
- If a vehicle accelerated before collision
- If engine indicator lights went on
- If cruise control was engaged
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact our frim today to speak with an experienced and dedicated attorney.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.