Unfortunately, there are a number of ways that hotel accidents can occur in Florida. If you were hurt in one, you may want to consider your legal options. Reach out to our firm today to speak with one of our Panama City hotel accident attorneys.
How do hotel accidents occur in Florida?
Hotels generally offer services in addition to a room to sleep in. In most cases, hotels have amenities such as gyms, pools, spas, bars, restaurants, and more. While the goal of these amenities is for the entertainment of guests, they can also be hazardous if they are not properly maintained. Some of the most common hotel accidents are a result of:
- Inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Defective furniture
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
If you would like to learn more about your legal options after a hotel accident in Florida, it is in your best interest to reach out to our dedicated legal team today.
What steps should I take after my hotel accident in Florida?
Note that Florida property owners are lawfully mandated to take necessary precautions to ensure that their grounds are maintained and safe from dangers to protect guests. At a hotel, this can be performed by hotel management and staff performing routine inspections of the entire grounds to correct any hazardous conditions as they arise. The failure to do so is considered negligence and can result in severe injuries to hotel guests. Because of this, many injured parties can pursue legal action through a personal injury claim. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to provide proof of this negligence. There are a number of steps that you should take to do this including:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a report.
- Inform hotel staff of your accident.
- Take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Acquire witness contacts
- Seek medical attention. This will confirm that your injuries are properly treated by a medical professional while also providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Be sure to ask for a copy of any applicable medical documents before leaving.
- Hire the services of one of our skilled Panama City personal injurys attorneys today to help you through the claims process.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.