If you have been injured in a car accident due to another party’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover compensation. But, this will likely mean speaking with the other party’s insurance company. When it comes to insurance adjusters, it is best to be prepared. These companies are known to use certain tricks to avoid giving you the compensation you deserve. Read on to learn more about speaking with insurance adjusters in Florida.
What to Expect When Speaking With Insurance Adjusters?
The most common tricks insurance adjusters may use include:
- Lowballing your first offer
- These companies know that car accident victims are vulnerable and have mounting expenses to pay off. They may offer you an unfairly low offer in the hopes that you will take it in order to pay off your expenses right away. In reality, this offer may not actually cover everything in the long run. Generally, you should not accept a first offer.
- Ignoring you
- If you ignore the first offer, the company may ignore you. It is important that you do not wait around to hear from them. This is a tactic used in the hopes that the statute of limitations will pass and you will no longer be able to sue. It is important to note that in Florida, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is generally four years.
- Downplaying or denying your injuries
- In an attempt to exclude medical costs from your settlement offer, insurance adjusters may claim that you are exaggerating or lying about your injuries. In order to combat this, it is important that you keep detailed records of all doctor visits, surgeries, follow-up treatments, etc.
- Asking loaded questions
- Sometimes, insurance adjusters will ask purposely complicated questions in an attempt to use your responses against you. You should not answer any questions without an experienced attorney by your side.
Insurance adjusters are not looking out for your best interests, but we are. We are here to advocate for you and fight for you to recover the compensation you deserve. Contact our firm to speak with a dedicated and experienced personal injury attorney.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.