Airport accidents can cause severe injury, which is why you will need a skilled Florida personal injury attorney on your side if you were hurt in one. Contact Manual & Thompson, P.A. today to discuss the specifics of your case and your options.
What are the different types of airport accidents in Florida?
Because there are so many different aspects in an airport, there are many different ways that airport accidents can occur. That is why it is critical that there are diligent staff members available to ensure that no one is at risk of injury. Even so, accidents can still happen, which is why you will need a skilled personal injury attorney on your side if you have been injured in an airport. The most typical kinds of airport accidents our firm has seen include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Negligent security
- Poor lighting
- Hotel accidents
- Restaurant accidents
- Dangerous sidewalks and parking garages
- Construction work accidents
What steps should I take if I have been injured in an airport?
If were injured in an airport due to the negligence of another, you may have a valid premises liability claim. It is essential that you take the following steps immediately after your airport injury if you are able. These steps include:
- Call the authorities. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a police report.
- Take photos and videos of the unsafe conditions that caused your accident.
- Collect contact information from any witness to the accident. These witnesses may be able to corroborate your version of the events.
- Seek medical treatment to ensure your injuries are properly treated. Ask your doctor to provide you with medical documentation pointing to the origin and severity of your injuries.
- Retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney that can help you navigate through the claims process.
How long do I have to file my personal injury claim in Florida?
Florida has a statute of limitations of four years for most personal injury accidents. This means that if you fail to file your airport accident within four years from the date of the injury, you will lose the opportunity to file your claim entirely, and you will also miss out on the ability to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Contact our firm today to retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our legal team is dedicated to ensuring that you have promptly met all of your claim’s deadlines.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.