If you would like to explore your legal options after you were injured as a result of another’s negligence, you will need to start by reaching out to an experienced personal injury firm. Our Panama City personal injury attorneys are ready to help you. Keep reading to learn more about how you can get the most out of your initial consultation with our competent legal team.
What documents should I bring to my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
As expected, most personal injury claims involve numerous documents. The more proof you have to support your claim, and the more documentation you bring to demonstrate your injuries, the better off you and your case will be. That is why you should try and bring the following information to your initial consultation with your attorney if you are able to:
- A copy of the police report that was filed at the scene of the accident.
- Medical documentation concerning the cost and extent of your injuries.
- Witness statements and contact information.
- Your insurance information.
- Any recorded or written communication you may have had with the other party’s insurance company.
- If you were hurt on someone else’s property, take pictures of the dangerous condition that resulted in your accident.
- If you were hurt in an auto accident, be sure to bring the other driver’s insurance information, in addition to photos and videos of any damage to your vehicle, the other motorist’s vehicle, and any other property that was damaged in the accident.
How long do I have to schedule an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney in Florida?
It is best to bring your claim to a firm as soon as possible in the state of Florida. That is because there is a statute of limitations in place in Florida that puts a deadline on when you can file your personal injury claim. Because the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, typically, four years, you will likely have four years from the date of your accident to organize your initial consultation with our firm so we can start the claims process on your behalf. If you have any further questions or concerns, or if you would like to get started now, do not hesitate to reach out to Manuel & Thompson today. Our legal team is here to help.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.