To learn more about the common causes of hotel accidents in Florida and what you should do if you were hurt in one, reach out to one of our skilled Panama City hotel accident attorneys today. Our dedicated legal team is on your side and will help you recover the compensation you need to heal.
What are the common causes of hotel accidents in Florida?
Hotels typically offer services beyond just a place to sleep. In many cases, hotels have amenities including gyms, pools, spas, bars, restaurants, and more. While the purpose of these amenities is for the enjoyment of guests, they can also be dangerous. Some of the most common hotel accidents are due to:
- Defective furniture
- Food poisoning
- Hot tub accidents
- Inadequate security
- Swimming pool accidents
- Escalator accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Gym equipment accidents
- Unsanitary conditions, such as bed bugs
- Parking lot/garage accidents
To learn more about your options after a hotel accident in Florida, do not wait to reach out to our firm today.
How can I fulfill the burden of proof in Florida?
In the state of Florida, property owners are legally required to ensure that their grounds are maintained and safe from hazards to protect guests. At a hotel, this can be accomplished by hotel management and staff performing routine inspections of the entire grounds to correct any hazardous conditions as they arise. The failure to do so is deemed as negligence and can result in severe injuries of hotel guests. That is why injured parties can pursue legal action through a personal injury claim. In order to recover the compensation you deserve, you will have to provide proof of this negligence. There are several steps that you should take to do this:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance and file a report.
- Notify hotel staff of your accident.
- Take photos and videos at the scene of the accident.
- Obtain witness contacts
- Seek medical attention. This will ensure that your injuries are treated by a medical professional while simultaneously providing you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Be sure to ask for a copy of any relevant medical documents before leaving.
- Retain the services of a skilled Panama City hotel accident attorney today to help you through the claims process.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.