There are a number of different reasons why you should listen to your doctor’s instructions following an accident. To learn more, keep reading and reach out to our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys today.
Reasons you should follow your doctor’s instructions and medical advice:
- Qualified Experts: Doctors are highly educated, specially-trained professionals who perform essential jobs treating injured and sick patients. These medical experts have the extensive knowledge to comprehend what’s best for treating your injuries in connection to the other special circumstances and individual medical histories that apply.
- Avoid Complications: Doctors provide you with instructions purposely, whether it’s to enhance mobility in an impaired limb to not to lose function, wash surgical wounds, or dressings to avoid infections. These instructions can be vital to evading complications that could have large physical and financial consequences. They may also help assure that apparently minor injuries do not grow into something more severe.
- Allow for Adjustments: By obeying your doctor’s instructions and reporting back during follow-ups, you can provide your doctor with insight into what is and is not working. Based on your feedback, doctors can tailor your treatment plans, adjust medications, or explore other options and treatment alternatives.
- Improve Long-term Outcomes & Function: Following your doctors’ instructions, including any instructions provided by rehabilitation experts, can be especially important to improving long-term outcomes. Despite every injury and situation being different, patients who fail to follow established recommendations post-injury may not undergo the same recovery as those who did. This can involve improvements in everyday function.
- Documenting Records: The source of documentation, doctor’s notes, and medical records capture information about your health, recovery, treatment plan, and any recurrent or new problems that may surface. These records supply an essential concept of the consequences of your accident, are much more dependable and verifiable than a person’s word, and can be used to support an injury claim if one is filed.
- Fight Insurance Company Tactics: Speaking to your doctor and staying constant with your treatment, rehabilitation, and follow-up visits is the most beneficial way to recover from the injuries you suffered. It also helps prevent or mitigate many of the typical arguments insurance carriers will raise in their attempts to pay victims as little as possible. If victims don’t seek immediate treatment or constantly follow up after an accident, insurance companies will usually claim they were never actually injured, that their injuries were not very bad, or that their injuries were not generated by the accident.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.