Because of Florida’s warm weather, theme parks and water parks are often open year-round. While amusement parks are a great way to spend the day, they can be more dangerous than you may realize. In fact, there are innumerable ways to become injured at an amusement park. Read on to learn more about amusement park accidents and what you should do in the event of an injury.
Most Common Injuries
The most common injuries sustained at amusement parks include:
- Head, neck, and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Brain aneurysms
- Lacerations, broken bones, and torn ligaments
- Death as a result of falling or being thrown from a ride
- Drowning on water rides
What Should I do if I am Injured?
If you are injured at an amusement park, you should take the following steps:
- Call 911. The police can send an ambulance for you and file an accident report, which can be very important later on.
- Document the scene. If you are able, you should take pictures and videos at the scene of the accident. Document your injuries and any damage done to the property.
- Obtain witness contact information. Amusement parks are generally crowded, so there is a good chance someone saw your accident occur. If this is the case, they may be able to corroborate your version of events or provide an outside perspective. Make sure to ask for their name and contact information.
- Seek medical attention. One of the most important things you can do is visit the hospital, your doctor, or an urgent care facility immediately after the accident occurs. This will provide you with proof of the origin and extent of your injuries. Before leaving, ask your doctor for a copy of any relevant medical documents.
- Contact an attorney. An experienced personal injury attorney may be able to obtain further proof of negligence, such as security camera footage, police reports, etc.
If you are injured at a Florida amusement park, you will need to retain the help of an experienced personal injury attorney. Our firm will fight to recover the compensation you deserve. Reach out today to discuss your case with a dedicated attorney.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.