After wrongly sustaining an injury in an accident that was simply not your fault, you are most likely now seeking financial compensation to heal. You can do so through a personal injury claim. The first part of the claims process is scheduling your initial consultation with an experienced firm so they can analyze your case and determine the best strategy going forward. Please continue reading and reach out to our seasoned Florida personal injury attorneys to learn more about initial consultations with our firm. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What documentation should I bring to my initial consultation with a personal injury attorney?
As you may guess, the personal injury claims process is, at times, a very document-heavy one. The more evidence you have surrounding your claim, and the more documentation you bring concerning your injuries, the better off you will be. This is why you should try and bring the following information to your initial consultation with our firm:
- Medical documentation concerning the cost of, and extent of, your injuries.
- A copy of the police report filed at the scene of the accident.
- Witness statements and contact information.
- Your insurance information.
- Any recorded or written communication you may have had with the other party’s insurance company.
- If you were injured on someone else’s property, bring pictures of the unsafe condition that caused your accident.
- If you were injured in an auto accident, bring the other driver’s insurance information, as well as pictures/videos of any damage to your vehicle, the other motorist’s vehicle, and any property damaged in the accident.
How long will I have to schedule an initial consultation with a personal injury attorney in Florida?
If you are injured in an accident in Florida, it is always best to bring your claim to an experienced firm sooner, rather than later. This is because there is a statute of limitations in place in Florida. Since the statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Florida is, generally, four years, you will, generally have four years from the date of your accident to schedule your initial consultation with our firm so we can begin the claims process on your behalf. For any additional questions, or if you are ready to get started, give us a call today so we can schedule your initial consultation.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.