When you want to buy something, you have hundreds of options to chose from. Once you make your choice, you can order that product with the click of a button, sometimes having it delivered the very same day. For the most part, products make our lives much easier. But, sometimes, a product that is designed or manufactured poorly can cause serious injury. If you or a loved one has been injured by a product, you may be entitled to receive compensation. Read on to learn more about product liability lawsuits and Florida and what to do in the event of an injury.
What Should I do if I am Injured by a Product?
- Do not throw away your product, it will likely be a key piece of evidence in your case.
- Contact a skilled personal injury attorney. Product liability lawsuits are known to be especially difficult so you will want to retain an experienced attorney.
- Make sure to file your claim in time. In Florida, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is four years from the date of the accident. This means that if you fail to file your claim in time, you may lose your chance to receive compensation and hold the party responsible for your accident accountable.
Who can be Held Accountable?
The three main ways a party may be held responsible for a product liability lawsuit include:
- Design defects: this occurs when there is an inherent flaw in the design of the product.
- Manufacturing defects: this occurs when something goes wrong during the manufacturing process.
- Marketing defects: this occurs when consumers are inadequately warned about the dangers of a product or are given improper instructions on how to use the product
Once you determine which defect occurred, your legal team will be responsible for proving that there was some sort of negligence involved. This can be a difficult process, and industry experts may need to get involved. For this reason, it is especially important to retain the services of a skilled personal injury attorney. If you or a loved one has been injured by a product, reach out to our firm today.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.