Department stores can be more dangerous than people realize. If a store owner fails to properly maintain their space, injuries can result. Department store accidents will require you to retain the services of a skilled Panama City slip and fall accident attorney to obtain the compensation you need. Our firm is here to help.
How do department store accidents occur in Florida?
Department store accidents can happen as a result of many factors, however, the most common is because of a store owner and/or employee’s negligence. Some examples of negligence that our firm has seen result in a department store injury include the following:
- Falling merchandise from shelves
- Spills left uncleaned
- Liquids on bathroom floors
- Poorly placed floor mats
- Faulty escalators, elevators, or other equipment used in the store
- Poorly lit parking lots
- Lack of security
It is in your best interest to reach out to our firm today if you were injured in a department store. Our legal team is on your side.
What steps should I take after a department store accident?
Florida holds store owners and employees responsible for inadequately safe premises. This means that store owners and employees should conduct routine checks of the property to ensure that there are no dangerous conditions present. If these routine inspections are not completed, and an injury happens as a result, the store owner and employees can be held liable for negligence. If you were hurt in a department store accident because of the negligence of another, you will want to take the following steps:
- Call 911. The police will dispatch an ambulance to the scene, file an accident report, obtain witness statements, and more.
- Take photos and videos of the dangerous conditions.
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses. In some cases, witness testimony can be critical to a valid premises liability claim.
- Receive medical attention directly after your accident occurs. This will ensure that your injuries are properly treated while also providing you with evidence of the origin and extent of your injuries.
- Reach out to an experienced Panama City slip and fall accident attorney that can help you obtain further evidence, including police reports and security camera footage.
- Be sure to file your claim on time. In Florida, the statute of limitations for a personal injury accident is typically four years from the date of the accident. If you fail to file within four years, you will lose the chance to recover the compensation you need to heal.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Here at Manuel & Thompson, P.A., we understand the potentially devastating effect that an injury can have on an individual and his or her family, which is why we are dedicated to helping all those who’ve been injured due to no fault of their own. Our firm also proudly handles insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.