There are many trucks on the road at any given time of the day, getting products to where they need to be for sale. However, due to their immense size and weights, these vehicles are the most dangerous on the road. It is because of this that it is important for their drivers to be very careful or they can cause serious accidents that possibly result in life-impacting injuries to those involved. Injured parties in these situations can pursue legal action to recover compensation with the assistance of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney.
What are Causes of Truck Accidents?
There are many different ways that a truck accident can happen in Florida, including the following:
- Poor judgement: Speeding, reckless driving, improper lane changes, making dangerous turns, following others too closely, and more can lead to an accident.
- Distracted driving: When truck drivers do not give the road their undivided attention, they may not be able to slow down in time to prevent an accident.
- Impaired driving: Non-performance errors are the third leading cause of truck accidents. This can include drivers who operate trucks under the influence, are drowsy, or suffer from a medical condition.
- Vehicle malfunction: When the truck suffers from a defective part or malfunction on the road.
- Poor conditions: When a road is not maintained or if there is inclement weather, accidents can happen.
Pursuing Legal Action
When a person is injured in a truck accident and wants to pursue legal action, they can do so by filing a personal injury claim. During this time, they are required to prove the other party was, in fact, negligent. This involves gathering evidence that shows their behavior directly caused the accident and their injuries. It is important to know that a negligent party may not always be the truck driver. The fault may fall upon a third-party. A claim can be proven with evidence such as medical records, a police report from the accident, pictures or video of the scene, witness testimonies, and more. If successful, the injured party may be able to recover compensation as coverage for any damages due to the incident.
Contact our Firm
To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.