When a person is involved in a serious personal injury accident, they often suffer from significant physical, emotional, and financial burdens as a result. It is because of this that they often pursue legal action in order to recover compensation. This provides coverage for the damages they incurred. During this time, it is important to retain the services of an experienced Florida personal injury attorney to guide you through your case.
What Should I Bring to an Initial Consultation?
Before meeting with a personal injury attorney, it is important to always be prepared. This involves providing the attorney with the necessary documentation to give them an understanding of you and your case. Documents that you should bring to the consultation can include the following:
- A written description of how the accident and your injuries occurred.
- A copy of the police report from the accident.
- The names and contact information of any witnesses to be used for testimony.
- Your medical records to prove your injuries.
- Receipts of any expenses related to the injuries. This can include any out-of-pocket expenses for treatment and in-home care.
- Photos or videos of the accident and your injuries
- Your insurance information. This can include health, automobile, renter, or homeowner policies.
- Any contact with the other party or their insurance company. This can include letters, emails, phone calls, etc.
- Any questions for the attorney regarding your case
What Questions Will I Be Asked?
Documentation is important, but it does not always provide the attorney with the entirety of the situation at hand. It is because of this that an attorney usually asks a variety of questions pertaining to the accident and your injuries. This can include the following:
- What injuries do you have? How are you feeling?
- Have you seen a doctor? What was the prognosis?
- Did you talk to any other lawyers or insurance representatives?
- What medical and automobile insurance coverage do you have?
- Did you give a statement about the accident to your insurance company?
- Where are you employed/what do you do? How long have you worked there?
- Have you ever been in an accident before?
It is important to realize that, when meeting with an attorney, the feedback you are given can vary depending on the circumstances of your case.
Contact our Firm
To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today for your free consultation.