With technology and social media, in particular, becoming a main source of communication, it may be hard for individuals to live life without updating their friends and family. The important thing to recognize is that if you are injured in an accident, you will likely be tempted to update your friends, family, and followers about the event. However, it is essential that you evade doing so as much as you can. Keep reading to learn more and give our skilled Panama City personal injury attorneys a call today. Our legal team is committed to ensuring you make informed decisions that will help you obtain the greatest amount of financial compensation you can. We look forward to hearing from you.
What are the dos and don’ts of social media after filing a personal injury claim?
Be sure to do the following:
If you were injured as a result of another party’s negligence, you may be allowed to recover damages for the burdens you have sustained. Unfortunately, the negligent party’s insurance company and his or her attorney will try to attempt to stop you from obtaining the compensation you need and deserve. In many instances, they will use your social media posts to display that you are not as injured as you claim, or that you are not injured at all and are instead trying to commit insurance fraud. The best way to avoid this is by doing the following:
- Set your accounts to private as soon as the mishap occurs and keep them private throughout the duration of the claims process.
- Ask your friends and family not to post about you
- The accounts belonging to your friends and family may be monitored, as well.
Be sure not to:
- Post anything
- Your remarks can easily be misinterpreted and used against you.
- Assume being private protects you
- Setting your accounts to private can help, but it is not a certain method.
- Assume deleting posts means they are gone
- The things we post on the internet are permanent. Even your deleted posts can be accessed.
- Accept new followers
- A new follower may be an insurance agent or attorney attempting to access your information.
In the event that you post on social media during the claims process, you can seriously damage your ability to recover the compensation you need to heal and move forward. Give our firm today to acquire skilled legal representation. We are on your side no matter what you are facing.
Contact our experienced Florida firm
Our firm proudly handles injury claims, insurance disputes, hurricane claims, fire loss claims, commercial litigation, and construction law matters. To discuss your case with our experienced Panama City personal injury attorneys, contact Manuel & Thompson, P.A. today.